Tuesday 6 December 2011

HOW TO GIVE A BETTER SPEECH THAN OBAMA and change your world - (JFK and Super Confidence) by Darren Kelly, Kellcomm, Blog - Day 15

Hi,

I would like to share two of the many heart-stopping moments I had when I wrote the book. My research took me to places I never imagined. The first was the discovery that JFK was given the last rights in 1947, 1951 and 1954. He kept his illnesses a secret because he didn’t want pity from anyone. It is said that these events caused him to appreciate life more than most. JFK embraced every day like it was his last. He connected and communicated with people on an almost spirit to spirit level. This ethos helped him understand the need for honesty after the Bay of Pigs fiasco. His speech led to a jump in the polls for his presidency. Communication with other human beings is one the greatest gifts we have. I’m not talking about a text or an email or a Facebook posting. I’m talking about a face-to-face connection. I believe no virtual connection will ever replace that. Obama shares many traits and skills with JFK, and I hope you enjoy discovering them in the book.

Another heart-stopping moment was my discovery that great speakers really do understand that super confidence is the key to everything. Please don’t confuse confidence with arrogance. I’m talking about a confidence that allows a person to be humble, respectful, grateful and generous. Confidence is a bit like love. The more you have, the more you can give away. Great leaders and great team players have super confidence. Nelson Mandela is an excellent example of this. That is why I feature his, 'I am the first accused' speech from the dock in 1964 and his inaugural speech 30 years later. I also discuss how you can build your confidence in the book.

Tomorrow, I will offer an Obama, Media Relations lesson for Leaders everywhere.

Take care,

Darren.

PS: 'HOW TO GIVE A BETTER SPEECH THAN OBAMA and change your world' - is available on iTunes and Amazon NOW!

Kellcomm, Princes Exchange,Princes Square, Leeds, LS1 4HY, United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment