Sunday 11 December 2011

HOW TO GIVE A BETTER SPEECH THAN OBAMA and change your world - (Obama and Lionel Richie) by Darren Kelly, Kellcomm, Blog - Day 20

Hi,

I have been very lucky to have had the pleasure of interviewing some of the world’s biggest stars. One of the most down to earth stars I ever met was Lionel Richie. His enthusiasm, concern for other people and love of his profession was evident in every word he spoke. I was intrigued about a line from his worldwide hit 'Hello', and I asked him how he wrote the words “I’ve been alone with you inside my mind.” Richie's response was an honest “I don’t know. It just happened.” When I created the chapters’ layout for my Obama book, it just happened too.

As I planned my book, I stared at the name Obama on my computer screen. The O was the biggest letter, and two words popped into my mind. Orange because it is my favourite fruit and Organisation because I know it is fundamental to all success. Suddenly, every other letter in Obama linked to what I was about to write. This is the Chapter 1-5 list.

O is for organisation to cover planning, research, writing, arrangement of words, storytelling and more.

B is for Body language. This includes confidence, movement, the effects of the body on vocal delivery and more.

A is for Accuracy of information so you appear credible and trustworthy. This includes checking the facts and avoiding any confusion.

M is for Memorable so people will never forget your message. This covers adding some glitter to your speech, including the ways you can use humour and other ways to create an unbreakable bond with your audience. It also includes the art of message reinforcement and more.

A is for Action because your words should inspire, motivate or lead people to improve themselves and the world.

My goal was to make the art of speaking in public as enjoyable and interesting as possible. Like a Lionel Richie hit song, I wanted it to be simple yet powerful. Next time you have to deliver a speech, you just have to think about the Obama guide to create a successful connection with your audience.

Tomorrow, I will reveal my favourite British speaker of all time.

Take care,

Darren.

PS: 'HOW TO GIVE A BETTER SPEECH THAN OBAMA and change your world' - is available on iTunes and Amazon NOW!


Kellcomm, Princes Exchange,Princes Square, Leeds, LS1 4HY, United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment