Saturday 10 December 2011

HOW TO GIVE A BETTER SPEECH THAN OBAMA and change your world - (Rory Mcllroy and Barry White) by Darren Kelly, Kellcomm, Blog - Day 19

Hi,

Please allow me to explain why I used the phrase “and change your world” in the title of the book. The world changes for the better when a person's words inspires and motivates other people to do great things. Our words can have a powerful and positive impact in our social, personal and business lives. I would like to share with you three moments where words created a positive ripple effect in the world.

In April, 2001, a young golfer from called Rory Mcllroy lost the Masters on the final day. His dejection turned to hope after a conversation with the legendary golfer Jack Nicklaus. Nicklaus’s words of advice injected calmness and confidence into the mind and heart of the future champion. When Nicklaus told Mcllroy, “I’m expecting big things of you” he knew at that moment he was helping create a golf hero. In June 2011, the young golfer won the US Open. Nicklaus’s words helped Mcllroy unleash a determination to create a victory that brought happiness to golf fans around the world.

In 1960, a young gang leader sat in his Los Angeles prison cell pondering his future. He heard a song on the warden’s radio and it changed his life in a moment. When Elvis Presley sung ‘It’s Now Or Never’ a young Barry White let the words of the King of music pierce his heart. White decided that it was time to fulfil his true destiny and let his music bring joy to the world.

When I heard Barack Obama’s speech 'Yes We Can', I was moved to write my iTunes No.1 book, ‘The World’s Greatest Sales Lesson’. The speech turned despair into hope and anger into peace. It created the template for success through skill and consistency. I still receive messages from people worldwide who tell me how it changed their lives in business and in social occasions. I am pleased, but I wonder if I would have written it, had I not heard Obama’s speech.

So when I say ‘and change your world’, I hope you can use your words to get that job you want, achieve that promotion you crave , promote that charity you love or motivate and lead people to achieve things they never thought were possible.

Tomorrow, I will reveal the moment I decided to use the letters of Obama to create the chapters in the book.

On Monday, I will reveal my favourite British speaker of all time.

Take care,

Darren.

PS: 'HOW TO GIVE A BETTER SPEECH THAN OBAMA and change your world' - is available on iTunes and Amazon NOW!

Kellcomm, Princes Exchange, Princes Square,Leeds, LS1 4HY, United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment