Tuesday 29 November 2011

HOW TO GIVE A BETTER SPEECH THAN OBAMA and change your world - (Obama's regrets - I'll be brief)) by Darren Kelly, Kellcomm, Blog - Day 8

Hi,

In the preface to the 2004 edition of Barack Obama’s book ‘Dreams From My Father’ he wrote about how he wished he had understood the art of brevity when he wrote the original version of the book. He admitted to poorly chosen words at times and badly created sentences. He also revealed that the book was 50 pages too long.

It’s refreshing to hear a legal expert admit to his mistakes in writing. I believe I have got the brevity bit right for the book, but I know that just like Obama, I will re-examine some sentences in years to come. I think it is only natural when you care about your work. Maybe I’m being too hard on myself just like Obama was!

Tomorrow, I will take you inside the studio and reveal what it's like to record the audio version of the book.

Take care,
Darren

PS: 'HOW TO GIVE A BETTER SPEECH THAN OBAMA and change your world' - will be available on iTunes and Amazon in December.


Kellcomm, Princes Exchange,Princes Square,Leeds,LS1 4HY, United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment