Friday 25 November 2011

HOW TO GIVE A BETTER SPEECH THAN OBAMA and change your world - (My favourite speaker apart from Dad) by Darren Kelly, Kellcomm, Blog - Day 4

Hi,

At the very end of the book, I pay tribute to my favourite speaker of all time. I explain why I rate the person so highly, and I justify their talent. If I told you the person's name it may ruin the end of the book.

My second favourite speaker of all time gets a mention too. My Dad advised politicians and leaders on how to relate to the average person. He saw how bright they were as people but also how frustrated they felt when it came to connecting with people. My Dad would always say that the meaning of any communication is the genuine response it achieves. He would also say that it's not what you say that's important. It's what's understood, accepted and acted upon that is important? My Dad had a way of saying something in a few words that took other people a lot longer.

However, my Dad kept a communication secret from me and others that he did not reveal to anybody until two weeks before he passed away in 2006. I will blog again tomorrow and tell you the full story of his communication secret.

Take care,

Darren.

PS: PS: 'HOW TO GIVE A BETTER SPEECH THAN OBAMA and change your world' - will be available on iTunes and Amazon in December.

Kellcomm, Princes Exchange, Princes Square, Leeds, LS1 4HY

No comments:

Post a Comment