Wednesday 23 November 2011

HOW TO GIVE A BETTER SPEECH THAN OBAMA and change your world - (Why I wrote the book) by Darren Kelly, Kellcomm, Blog - Day 2

Hi,

I was sitting in a cafe with two of my best friends when one of them asked me about my biggest fear. I found it hard to whittle my biggest fears down to one but my friend could easily identify his. He told me he was petrified at the thought of speaking in public. He knew it held him back in his job and strangled his confidence, but he just couldn't master it.

When I told him that anyone can do it, he disagreed. I decided to prove to my friends that great communicators are not born that way. I decided to show them a process of great speaking, as if they had one of the worlds greatest speakers beside them. They laughed when I mentioned Barack Obama but that just made me want to encourage them to learn even more.

So here is the books' layout. I have divided the letters of Obama to make it easy for them and you to remember.

O is for Organisation.
B is for Body Language.
A is for Accuracy of information.
M is for how to be Memorable.
A is for moving people to Action.

Are you thinking " But how can you make them better than Obama?" I promise to answer that question tomorrow.

Take care,

Darren

PS: 'HOW TO GIVE A BETTER SPEECH THAN OBAMA and change your world' - will be available on iTunes and Amazon in December.

Kellcomm, Princes Exchange, Princes Square, Leeds, LS1 4HY

No comments:

Post a Comment