Monday 28 November 2011

HOW TO GIVE A BETTER SPEECH THAN OBAMA and change your world - (Writing the Book - Joy and Pain) by Darren Kelly, Kellcomm, Blog - Day 7

Hi,

I was asked recently about the hardest aspect of writing this book. The best way to explain it is by guiding you through the process of writing it. The Aha moment about Obama’s skills turned into an enjoyable series of recollections and discoveries. It was all very exciting until I finished writing the book.

The hardest part was the editing process, when I had to decide what to leave out. These are just some of the questions I asked myself.

• Does one speech make a point that another has already made?
• Have I given too many examples to make my point?
• Can I make my point with fewer words?

I think this way because I know that people lead busy lives, and my job is to fit my work into those lives. The world is full of books that are bought but never read or read but the information is never used. This is because the books are too long, or because they offer too much irrelevant information. That is why the editing process of all my books takes as long as the writing of them.

Tomorrow, I will reveal Obama’s thoughts on the subject I have just discussed.

Take care,

Darren.

PS: 'HOW TO GIVE A BETTER SPEECH THAN OBAMA and change your world' - will be available on iTunes and Amazon in December.

Kellcomm, Princes Exchange,Princes Square,Leeds,LS1 4HY, United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment