Wednesday 4 January 2012

HOW TO GIVE A BETTER SPEECH THAN OBAMA and change your world - (The Iron Lady's humour) Darren Kelly, Kellcomm, Blog - Day 44

Hi,

William Pitt, who was prime minister from 1766 to 1768 famously remarked, “I know that I can save this country and that no one else can.” ‘The Iron Lady’s’ memoirs suggest a similar conviction. Even the former Labour leader Neil Kinnock admired her guts and tenacity to become a female Prime Minister and win three consecutive elections. Opinions over ‘The Iron Lady’ are divisive but the scale of her achievement’s still fascinates many people.

I posted yesterday that I would reveal some of ‘The Iron Lady’s’ most famous humorous quotes. I received messages last night from some of my followers who expressed their favourite quotes from ‘The Iron Lady.’ I decided to compile a list of the top five so I can include some of my followers in the post.

1.“I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left."
Tom Allen, Brisbane

2. “Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.”
Marie Chavenz, Los Angeles

3. “If my critics saw me walking over the Thames, they would say it was because I couldn't swim.”
Paul Benson, London

4. “In politics if you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.”
Niki Zudoski, Berlin

5. “Of course it's the same old story. Truth usually is the same old story."
Rick Merril, New York


Tomorrow, I will reveal an insight into ‘The Iron Lady’s’ first speech as Prime Minister in 1979.

Take care,

Darren.

PS: 'HOW TO GIVE A BETTER SPEECH THAN OBAMA and change your world' - is available on iTunes and Amazon NOW!
Audio Version only.
Text version out January 31st.


Kellcomm, Princes Exchange, Princes Square, Leeds, LS1 4HY, United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment